My niece is entered in a baby search on Parenting.com's website. Take just a second to vote for her??
My niece is entered in a baby search on Parenting.com's website. Take just a second to vote for her??
Tomorrow we're at the show only in the morning (we're heading to California Adventure in the afternoon 'cuz it's the warmest day according to Weather.com) and then Tuesday we'll head back to the show and drop off the rest of our orders, hopefully get some more cool stuff for ya to see!
I'll go through our pictures tomorrow evening I hope and post some projects that we've seen at the show.
We are counting down the days, until we leave for Anaheim, and this year's winter CHA show!! There have been soooooo many awesome sneak-peeks around the 'net that I'm sure there is something out there for everyone! :)
I've seen some great sneaks from Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Sassafras, Best Creations, Bella Blvd, Jillibean Soup and so many more, that I'm just giddy with excitement to finally see these new goodies in person!
But, before I leave, I wanted to update you on a product that we have been out of stock on since OCTOBER!! The Martha Stewart Loops Edge punch & the corner punches are BACK IN STOCK! Yep, I know...FINALLY! :)
We leave on Thursday evening, and I plan on updating the blog when I can (last year the internet connection was obscenely slow, so pictures didn't work well) and also Tweeting and Facebooking our pictures and reviews of the booths we've seen.
I've seen some great stuff from My Mind's Eye, Pink Paislee, Jillibean Soup, Fancy Pants, We R Memory Keepers, American Crafts and the list goes on and on and on!! I'll be taking pictures of the booths with layout ideas, card ideas, and paper crafting projects from Anaheim starting on Sunday the 24th.
BUT...I have a HUGE favor to ask of you tomorrow!! Cosmo Cricket is putting the sneak peeks of their 3 new collections tomorrow on their blog. When they do that...they'll be asking you who your favorite scrapbook store is. Whether you shop with us online, or at our physical storefront, we'd be HONORED if you would do us a favor and write in A Walk Down Memory Lane. You know why??? 'cuz we could win a whole collection of their CHA Winter releases and have them in the store FIRST!!! Plus, whoever's name is picked from the list (if we win) will be getting a sampling of that new collection for FREE from US when it comes in! And let me just tell you...the lines that I've seen so far are TO DIE FOR!! If you loved Early Bird...there is another line coming up this spring that uses a lot of those colors again and are sooo pretty! They've even got a line of matching cardstock coming out (oops, maybe I said too much?? LOL)
It's here....time for our new Design Team Call.
We are so excited to announce that we are looking for designers for our
February 2010 to July 2010 team!! The call is open from January 9 -
17th. We will be announcing the new design team on our blog and
newsletter on January 20th.
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspiring designers who are creative, ambitious and who can design with some of the top manufacturers products in the industry! We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to display and teach different techniques
- Ability to create layouts from a basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creativity in the use of our products to help promote A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Ability to teach online classes and write up instructions
- Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure
What do I need to Apply?
1)We would like you to submit Three (3) original layouts and one paper craft project that best represent you and your style. Acceptable paper craft projects would be altered items, cards, mini albums, etc. All submitted items must be your own design (they don’t have to be made specifically for this call) and e-mailed to DesignTeamCall@awalkdownmemorylane.net
2) You will also be required to have an active blog
What to include in your Application besides your projects?
* Your name, address, e-mail address
* Links to online communities (forums, message boards, galleries) in which you are active in and regularly post to. *Please include all links*.
* Link to your blog where you post your scrappy/stamp/paper craft creations.
* Links to other Design Teams you are currently on, and scrapbook resume (if you have one). Prior design team experience is not required, however, preference may be given to those who are not committed to another DT. If you are currently on a design team please include how long you've been there, and when your term will end, also include your title there (for example: DT coordinator, strictly LO designer, etc) Also Let us know if you've been published and where (here's your chance to TOOT!).
* Answers to the “Time to get to know you” questions below.
* A headshot and bio for our website and newsletter announcement
Time to get to know you!!!
Please include your answer the following questions in your email submission:
- How would you or others describe your style?
- What is both your strengths and weaknesses when designing?
- Why do you want to be a part of our design team?
- How much time would you be able to devote to your duties at A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Give us your best idea for promotion our store. (ie. Blog hop, advertising in a magazine, etc.)
- Do you have a unique skill (for example, do you create sketches or make handmade scrappy items?)
- What is your favorite food?
- Give us an example of an online class that you could and would be willing to teach (you do not need to provide a write up or sample for this call!)
Now for the Nitty Gritty...What you’ll do as a DT member:
1) Your DT term would be from February 1 through July 31, 2010
2) Each month you must, create, at minimum 3 layouts & 2 papercraft projects. Your work must be sent in via email by a deadline we've set each month for our newsletters. You will be responsible for ordering your own products from the store and making sure that you have enough time to get your assignments done for your deadlines.
3) Each DT member will be responsible for posting tutorials on the blog, blog posts, and newsletter articles.
4) Post your DT layouts on galleries and blogs throughout the web, whenever possible, link to AWDML. Watch other promotion Message Boards and Blogs for product chats and talk us up where possible.
5) Newsletter participation is a must, you must sign up monthly for at least one newsletter duty (product highlight, small project with instructions, sketches, etc)
6) You must have a “scrapblog” or a blog that you talk about scrapping on and update it regularly each week with a post about projects you’ve used from the store, featured manufacturer, or whatever. We ask that you also have links to our site and your DT blinkie on your blog and other sites where allowable.
7) Be the eyes and ears for AWDML online, finding new inspiration or ideas and sharing them to help our community grow.
8) Each DT member will be required to post to the AWDML DT blog once per week. You will also be required to post a class and a challenge once a month. We will have a rotating schedule so you don’t have to do BOTH in one week.
9) You must sign and return the AWDML DT contract before your DT term begins.
What do you get in return?
- As a Design Team Member you will receive your choice of product, with a $30 value, from AWalkDownMemoryLane.net free of charge, including free shipping.
- As a Design Team Member you will receive a package of featured manufacturer goodies each month free of charge.
- DT Members receive 30% off of orders placed in the www.AWalkDownMemoryLane.net store (up to $50 per month) and free shipping on those orders as long as they are shipped with their monthly DT package.
- DT Members will receive a package of past kits for use during their DT term. These can be used on classes, tutorials, challenge samples, etc.
- DT Members bio and head shot will be featured on our design team page.
- DT Members designs will be featured in our monthly newsletter.
- DT Members blogs will be linked from both the DT blog and the AWDML store blog.
** Important information regarding international applicants
International designers, if you are chosen you will be responsible for paying the shipping difference each month, and please keep in mind that we do expect you to keep with existing deadlines.
Please e-mail any questions and submissions to DesignTeamCall@awalkdownmemorylane.net
We have been offering Cricut 101 classes here at the store, since we opened up our physical storefront in October 2008. Betsy has re-designed the class for 2010 to be a bit more interactive, and just LOOK at the gorgeous layout & cards you'll make during class!!
First up is the Sweet Girl layout & card set. You can choose to make the layout or cards during class (depending on what paper craft you enjoy more) and follow along with Betsy as she describes all the cool features of your Cricut machine. At the end of class, you'll have cut all of the parts you need to create these projects!!
Next up is the Great Boy version. Using the same cartridges and just a few different cuts, you could make an awesome layout to feature a special guy in your life. OR choose to make the cards and go home with the instructions for the layout.
You can call us at 712-476-3443 to register for the class (if you are near northwest Iowa anyway) or email us. Our next classes are scheduled for Tuesday, January 12 @ 6PM or Thursday, February 4 @ 6PM.
I have added almost 2,000 new items to our Clearance Section of the store, including papers, embellishments, stamps and tools.
Items on clearance range from 20 - 80% off and we're limited on a lot of items, so they won't last long!
Welcome to 2010! It's been a while for a new post here on the blog...and I've been creating some new cards, layouts, etc for you so I'm hoping to be able to blog a little bit more regularly now. Well, at least that's one of my goals!
Today I want to talk a little bit about January's TWO featured manufacturers! Starting with January 2010's manufacturers, you'll have 2 companies to choose from, PLUS instead of last year's 15% off...you'll get 25% off on all goodies from both of these companies!!
The first company that we are featuring this month is SEI. SEI has been around the scrapbook industry for quite a while now. They are consistently coming up with beautiful collections, and we have been carrying their company's products for a few years now.
The second company that we are featuring is Cornish Heritage Farms. This is a newer company to us, as we've just been carrying them since 2009. They have a fabulous collection of cling-mounted rubber stamps that we carry. The above card was created using a Cornish Heritage Farms stamp set! :)
The rest of the details about the card...I started with an olive green card base, and then I ran it through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots embossing folder. Doesn't look embossed you say?? Well...that's 'cuz it's not! :) I inked up the folder's dots and ran it through my Cuttlebug, and it just inked the little dots instead. Next, I took a bit of the Bella Boulevard Honey I'm Home papers and ripped a little bit off the edge. Next I took my Cuttlebug again, and cut out some Bazzill Swiss Dot embossed paper with the Nestabilities die. I actually took 2 different dies from Nestabilites and layered them with some foam tape. I used a bit of silk ribbon (available by the yard at the physical store) and I stamped my deer in Memento Rich Cocoa ink on my favorite cardstock for Copics. Next, I took my Copic markers and colored him in. I cut around my deer, and mounted him on the labels. Last, I stamped the sentiment on the embossed dot cardstock again, and rounded two of the corners.