This little notebook has been sitting at the Brick and Mortar store for a while now, and I thought it was about time to share the directions. Please forgive me, but at the time I made it, I didn't take step-by-step photos, so I'll give you all the measurements and then describe the steps as best I can. Feel free to post any questions you may have in the comments, and I will answer them. When giving directions (i.e. right side, left side), I mean the right or left side when looking at the project (here the far left picture would be the photo of the front cover of the book).
1.You'll need 2 sheets of coordinating card stock. I used Bo Bunny Peacock Lane Dot and Peacock Lane Stripe (which just happens to be on sale 25% off this month), 1 small legal pad that measures 5"x 8" (these can be found at almost any office store or office department of a big box store), your favorite paper adhesive, extra sticky adhesive, 2 thin magnets (I like the ones made by Basic Grey), and your choice of embellishments.
2. Cut 1 piece of paper to 8 1/2" x 11 1/4" (here I used Peacock Lane Dot). Put this sheet of paper in your scorer so it is longer than it is tall, and score at 5 1/2" and 5 3/4".
3. Cut your second piece of paper to 8 1/2" x 9 1/4" (here I used Peacock Lane Stripe). Put this sheet of paper in your scorer so it is longer than it is tall, and score at 5 1/2" and 5 3/4".
4. You will now cut a 1/2 circle into the sheet of paper from step #3. You will cut the circle into the side that measures 3 1/2" from the edge to the score line. If you're like me and can't free hand cut a circle, place a plate or bowl down on the paper and trace it with a pencil. Cut just inside your penciled in circle to create the curved edge. It's okay if your curved edge isn't centered perfectly from top to bottom, mine isn't!
5. Assemble your notebook. Take your 8 1/2" x 11 1/4" piece of paper and place it in front of you so it is longer than it is tall. Put regular adhesive on the rectangle of paper that is on the left hand side of your score marks. Take your 8 1/2" x 9 1/4" piece of paper and attach the part of the paper that is on the right hand side of the score marks to the piece of paper that you have added adhesive to. Your book should now consist of a left side, a middle, and a right side.
6. Use super sticky adhesive to attach the notebook to the middle section of your paper.
7. Add a thin magnet to the inside of the far right side of the book and the outside of the far left side of the book. These magnets should overlap when the covers are folded in to hold the covers closed.
8. Embellish your book. I like to cover the magnets with paper or a chipboard embellishment, so you can't see them.
9. You can add a small strip of paper (roughly 3/4" x 5") to cover the binding of the notepad.
Here's another one I created with Crate Paper's Season Collection.