A Walk Down Memory Lane Design Team Call
We are so excited to announce that we are looking for designers for our February 2011 - July 2011 team!!
The call is open from December 15, 2010 through January 4, 2011.
We will be announcing the new design team on our blog and newsletter on January 8th.
So WHO are we looking for?
We are looking for inspiring designers who are creative, ambitious and who can design not only with our products from the store but can write step-by-step instructions for a blog, and have fun on our message board.
We are looking for designers who can display the following:
- Open communication skills
- Unique individual style
- teamwork and cooperation
- Ability to display and teach different techniques
- Ability to create layouts from a basic to a more advanced skill level
- Creativity in the use of our products to help promote A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Ability to teach online classes and write up instructions
- Must be able to work within deadlines and under pressure
What do I need to apply?
Please let us know which one you are interested
Tutorial Design Team
Card Design Team
Layout Design Team
We would like you to submit Three (3) original layouts and one paper craft project that best represent you and your style. Acceptable paper craft projects would be altered items, cards, mini albums, etc. All submitted items must be your own design (they don’t have to be made specifically for this call) and e-mailed to DesignTeamCall@awalkdownmemorylane.net
Active participation on message boards and in galleries is important and will be considered when we chose our team. You will also be required to have an active blog.
You need to register in the forum while the call is going on. Here is the link : AWDML Forum
What to include in your Application besides your projects?
1) Your name, address, e-mail address
2) Links to online communities (forums, message boards, galleries) in which you are active in and regularly post to. *Please include all links and your board name*.
3) Link to your blog where you post your scrappy/stamp/paper craft creations.
4) Links to tutorials and videos that you have done
5) Links to other Design Teams you are currently on, and scrapbook resume (if you have one). Prior design team experience is not required; however, preference may be given to those who are not committed to another DT. If you are currently on a design team please include how long you've been there, and when your term will end, also include your title there (for example: DT coordinator, strictly LO designer, etc) Also Let us know if you've been published and where (here's your chance to TOOT!).
6) Answers to the “Time to get to know you” questions below.
7) A headshot and bio for our website and newsletter announcement
Time to get to know you!!!
Please include your answer the following questions in your email submission:
- How would you or others describe your style?
- What are both your strengths and weaknesses when designing?
- Why do you want to be a part of our design team?
- How much time would you be able to devote to your duties at A Walk Down Memory Lane
- Give us your best idea for promotion our store. (ie. Blog hop, advertising in a magazine, etc.)
- Do you have a unique skill (for example, do you create sketches or make handmade scrappy items?)
- What is your favorite food?
- Give us an example of an online class that you could and would be willing to teach (you do not need to provide a write up or sample for this call!)
Now for the Nitty Gritty...What we expect from a Designer:
1) Your DT term would be from February 1st to July 31st, 2011
2) You are responsible for ordering your own products from the store and making sure that you have enough time to get your assignments done for your deadlines.
3) Each DT member will be responsible for posting challenges and help running crops on the blog and Message Board.
4) Post your DT layouts on galleries and blogs throughout the web, whenever possible, link to AWDML. Watch other promotion Message Boards and Blogs for product chats and talk us up where possible.
5) Participate in Message Board and DT blog discussions on a regular basis and keep the message board going by regularly posting new topics, games, challenges, tips & tricks, project examples, etc.
6) Leave praise and encouragement regularly in our gallery for our message board members. This is a HUGE part of your requirement. Members like to receive feedback on their work!
7) Help moderate the MB and alert the Admin if you find anything inappropriate
8) Newsletter participation
9) You must have a blog that you talk about scrapping on and update it regularly each week with a post about projects you’ve used from the store, featured manufacturer, or whatever. We ask that you also have links to our site and your DT blinkie on your blog and other sites where allowable.
10) Be the eyes and ears for AWDML online, finding new inspiration or ideas and sharing them to help our community grow.
11) Each DT member will be required to post to the AWDML DT blog once per week. You will also be required to post challenges and create tutorials each month.
12) You must sign and return the AWDML DT contract before your DT term begins.
We are looking for 3 Layout Designers:
* Creating 4 layouts and 2 projects per month. We may also ask you to create an occasional extra project for special events
* All above as quoted
We are looking for 1 Card Designer:
* Creating 6 to 8 cards per month. We may also ask you to create an occasional extra project for special events
* Knowledge of using copic markers and other techniques used in card making
* Creating innovative and unique cards to display in the design gallery. For each project submitted, you must include a materials list
* All above as quoted
We are looking for 1 Tutorial Designer:
* Creating 4 to 6 creations per month. We may also ask you to create an occasional extra project for special event.
* The knowledge to create videos and step by step tutorials twice a month that the owner will sometimes create a kit to go with it
* Work together with the DT Coordinator and designers
* All above as quoted
What do you get in return?
- As a Design Team Member you will receive your choice of product, with a $30 value, from AWDML free of charge, including free shipping.
- DT Members receive 30% off of orders placed in the AWDML store and free shipping on those orders as long as they are shipped with their monthly DT package.
- DT Members who choose to place an affiliate blinkie on their blog or website will earn 5% on any orders placed through their affiliate link
- DT Members bio and head shot will be featured on our design team page.
- DT Members designs will be featured in our monthly newsletter.
- DT Members blogs will be linked from both the DT blog and the AWDML store blog.
** *If you have been a Design Team member on AWDML in the last 6 months you can't try out again at this time. You need to wait for one term to reapply.
** At this time we are only accepting US applicant